Sunday, September 13, 2009

Michigan Vs. Notre Dame Recap


Hail to the victors Valiantly! And what a game it was. Probably the best Michigan-Notre Dame game I have ever seen in my life time. Maybe the best ever as both teams are on their way to a come back. As I watched the game I couldn't have been more nervous as each play progressed. But that is what makes a good game. It came down to the last few seconds and that is why it is a Michigan rivalry game against Notre Dame. I haven't felt that happy after a Michigan game since they beat Florida in that Capital One Bowl Game. And that crowd was just amazing from looking at the above view of it. It was definitely a Maize out. Now I won't say they are completely back until they are 5-0 and beat Michigan State at State. That will be another big game to watch and if they beat them watch out Ohio State here we come! Just looked at the Ap Top 25 and Michigan is now number 25 and they booted Notre out of the top 25. Got to love that!

Key Players For Michigan to Win
Tate Forcier
Once again Tate Forcier had fenominal game. His game included 23 passes for 240 yards with 2 touchdowns and one interception. Yes he does look like freshman but the way he plays, no, not at all. The way he moves around in the pocket just amazes me because he is so young and looks like he has been doing this forever. He kept them in the game late. But yes he did throw that interception in the fourth quarter but made up for that in the game winning drive with seconds left. His running ability also surprised me as he was breaking ankles of the Notre Dame defense. Quite a superstar. And he is only going to get better as this is his freshman year.

Brandon MinorMichigan needed a running game this week and Minor brought a pretty good one. He had 16 carries for 106 yards with one touchdown. A pretty good day and that helped the Wolverines out. He ran tough and even a had a couple of big plays which was good to see. If Michigan's run game out does their passing game like this you could see them having a good season. I say this because the Big 10 is all about the run game and Michigan is doing a good job about that. It also helps that Forcier is picking up some good rush yards as well.

Darryl StonumWell in my preview for this game I said that Stonum needs to step and make some big plays. He did not have an outstanding game but it was good. He caught 4 receptions for 54 yards with some of those being big plays. He also had a kickoff return touchdown for 94 yards. He played a pretty big role in the game for the Wolverines winning the game.

Other Points About this Game
What can I say Charlie Weis is for sure on the hot seat right now and might be looking for a job after this season. He has to do very well the rest of the season if he wants to continue to coach at Notre Dame. Michigan beating Notre Dame was very big and now Weis is going to be suffering for the rest of the season. Michigan played their hearts out and deserved to win but I really thought Notre Dame was going to win it the fourth quarter but in the end Michigan became its old self and really showed that they are able to win in big games again.

These Michigan freshman are pretty unbelievable
Coming into this year with how young Michigan is on Offense and Defense I was thinking maybe 6 or 7 wins. But after these two games against Western Michigan and Notre Dame I have really been impressed with young freshman. Tate Forcier has really surprised me with how good his pocket presence is and how moves around in it. Denard Robinson is another guy. I don't ever see him as a starting qb but I think if he moves to another position he will really help out the Wolverines. I am sure he can catch the ball with how talented he is. Aslo some of the young receivers have really stepped up and made some big plays this year so far. Some of the young guys on defense as well have done pretty good like their defensive line and some of their cornerbacks. I think after these two games I believe they will have a good chance of going 7-0 when they meet Penn State here in Ann Arbor. Michigan State doesn't really look good after that loss against Central Michigan and Iowa did not look impressive at all with their win against Iowa State. So I see them beating them but they will be both good games as they are away games.
GO BLUE!!


No comments:

Post a Comment